Friday, June 15, 2007

God Will Provide

(sung to the tune of “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor)


At first I was afraid,
I was petrified.
Kept thinkin’ “how could this be true that God is by my side?”
But then I spent so many nights
Praying that my doubt was wrong,
And I grew strong.
God gave me strength to sing this song.
And so I’m saved.
God shows the way.
I just believed and now I worship Jesus everyday.
I should have known that it was true
That
Christ is here for you and me.
And now I celebrate the word because the truth will set me free.
God is so good.
Though I am poor,
I am not worried cause I know my prayers he won’t ignore.
I used to think that all believers were just weak.
But the bible,
Showed me that it’s God I seek.
I can’t deny, God does provide.
Oh, as long as I have faith in him until the Lord arrives.
In my heart my savior dwells.
I will never go to hell.
God will provide, God will provide.
Though at times I still forget he is here for me,

Chris
t knows my heart and he will wait for me so patiently.
Though I’ve spent, oh, so many nights
Pursuing forbidden delights,
God’s got my back.
So Satan, go ahead, attack.
Now you see me.
Somebody new.
I’m born again and I want all the world to have this too.
So when I’m feeling low and hanging on is hard to do,
Instead of letting go, I have the Lord to hold onto.
God is so good.
Though I am poor,
I am not worried cause I know my prayers he won’t ignore.
I used to think that all believers were just weak.
But the bible,
Showed me that it’s God I seek.
I can’t deny, God does provide.
Oh, as long as I have faith in him until the Lord arrives.
In my heart my savior dwells.
I will never go to hell.
God will provide, God will provide.
Amen…

No comments: