Thursday, July 26, 2007

Trauma workshop proves traumatic

What a day. Well, if I thought I had everything under control emotionally,I realized today that I'm just good at fooling myself. Emotions ran high and tears were shed by many of us during the coalition arranged PTSD workshop facilitated by Dr. Lori Haskell today. She was amazing. We flew her in from Toronto to give a workshop (today) to front line workers and another tomorrow to sex workers. We examined symptoms of the disorder, coping strategies, and so much more. To be honest, I'm still so overwhelmed from all the information and emotional upheaval that I can't do it justice. Suffice to say, I learned a lot about myself and the people around me.

I also got to see all the coalition members except for our rural members from Kamloops and Prince George, who could not make it this time. :( Susie and I chatted and we need about $500 to put together and send out our bylaw revision document to the Provincial legislature. We want to send a hardcopy of our report and revisions to every member of the legislative assembly. We think the time to hit is now. But we'll need a generous donation to make it happen.

No comments: